Thursday, June 25, 2009

creative juices

Since school ended and summer began, I've been a little antsy. The problem with this is that I decide to get into all sorts of trouble, like reorganizing the house or painting furniture. I started with the dining room table (which is now sky blue). The dining room chairs were obviously next in a deep bronze-y brown, and next came the purple bookshelf. I had been thinking about replacing the cheap bookshelf that I have had since college, but realized I have no money. So I painted it instead. We were thinking of using the leftover red paint from the headboard but we didn't have enough to coat the piece. So we found a glossy deep purple spray paint. The original plan was to wall paper the back of the shelves to add a little fun...but I stenciled it instead. Here is the finished experiment:


No comments: