Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Bristles

So I have been hearing about this hair place for years (my sister would splurge here when she was an undergrad at UVA) and decided to try it out. I have been going back and forth between short hair or long hair, bangs or no bangs...and eventually end up getting so fed up with this hair that I either get it chopped or cut my own bangs over the bathroom sink. Charlie waits by the doorway terrified of how I'm about to freak out because I just ruined my hair and will now need to rush to a hair salon to fix the bangs I just messed up. Needless to say, I have had sideswept bangs of some sort for almost 4 years now and don't see them going anywhere anytime soon.

This recently happened but the hack job was not too horrible that I had to rush to the salon. Instead, I was able to make an appointment for a trim (and a bang rescue) at Bristles. The stylist actually took time to check out my hair and talk to me about what I was looking for and how I wore my hair regularly. I usually throw my hair up in a pony tail within minutes of blowdrying/styling...but so far (and it has been a week) I have worn my hair down every day. The hair cut is super cute and something I can wear anyway I want. I even had a crush on the girl's hair who went right before me...short, shaggy, awesome bangs. And my favorite part - I didn't have that helmet head that you often have when the hair stylist sprays half a can of hairspray on you just before you leave the chair.

Overall, well deserving of the Reader's Choice Awards they have received for 10 years in a row.

(and if you want the name of the stylist who did my cute new do, Bristles is offering a 25% discount for referrals for both parties) :)

No comments: